[Pictured: South Ayrshire Council executive director of corporate services Eileen Howat was shadowed by Modern Apprentice Lisa McKeown during Scottish Apprenticeship Week.]
* Craft Apprentices helped out with a series of repairs at Carrick Campus in Maybole.
* Administration Apprentices got to see behind the scenes at the recent local authority elections by helping to process postal votes.
* Greenkeeping Apprentices took to the links at Troon Golf to help repair damaged drainage on the fairways.
* Three Apprentices took a day out of their normal work schedule to shadow the Chief Executive and Executive Directors.
* Apprentices welcomed senior school pupils to shadow them in their jobs to experience a day in the life of a Modern Apprentice
* A Care Apprentice learned more about safe moving and handling techniques when she shadowed the Council’s Moving and Handling Advisor at South Lodge Care Home.
* Ayr Grammar Primary School welcomed Apprentices to their World of Work assemblies to let pupils hear about the diverse roles they perform.
* Apprentices worked with the catering team in the canteen at County Buildings.
* Two of the South Ayrshire Council apprentices gained valuable interview experience by participating in mock interviews on a Recruitment and Selection course for managers.
* Greenkeeping Modern Apprentices designed an interactive webpage for colleagues from across the globe to share information and ideas.
The Council currently has Modern Apprentices within administration, customer services, land-based industries such as horticulture and greenkeeping, health and social care and construction trades. New opportunities are advertised in the local job centres and on the South Ayrshire Council website as they arise.