Monday, 9 July 2012
Training provider JB Management secures funding for Continuous Professional Development
Ayr-based training provider JB Management has secured funding from Skills Development Scotland for Management SVQs.
These work-based qualifications are ideal to develop new and existing management skills which can be undertaken online with JB Management’s new user-friendly e-portfolio. Listed below are the qualifications which fall under this funding opportunity.
Management Level 3 SVQ
The Level 3 qualification is aimed at supervisors and first line managers who have some responsibility for allocating work to others and have some limited opportunity for making decisions. This qualification should take around 6-12 months to complete.
Management Level 4 SVQ
The Level 4 qualification is for practicing middle managers who have responsibility for allocating work, achieving specific results, carrying out policy, controlling limited financial budgets and contributing to organisational change and recruitment. This qualification should take around 6-12 months to complete.
Management Level 5 SVQ
The Level 5 qualification is aimed at senior managers who have operational responsibility for substantial programmes and resources, have a broad span of control, pro-actively identify and implement change, negotiate budgets and contracts and lead high level meetings.
Membership / Fellowship of CMI can be applied for along with relevant experience on completion of the Level 5. This qualification should take around 12 months to complete.
Benefits to the Employer:
• Fully funded (limited spaces)
• SVQs are clearly focused on the knowledge and skills managers need to perform effectively
• Reassurance your managers are competent to carry out the responsibilities allocated to them
• The Management standards are a benchmark which can be used to review current practices
• Realise organisational efficiencies
• Communication improves as managers begin to use a common language and an empowering culture develops.
Benefits to the Employee:
• Build on your strengths, and focus training and development on where you want to improve
• Relevant to your job role
• Plan the preparation for your qualification to fit in with your work and personal commitments
• Choose how you learn to suit your preferred learning style
• Receive a certificate recognising your competence as a manager
• Become better equip to manage change and be able to transfer your skills from one context to another.
JB Management managing director Bill Ure (pictured above commented: “This is an ideal opportunity for organisations to undertake Continuous Professional Development for their management teams."
For further information contact:
JB Management Ltd
12 Wellington Square
Ayr KA7 1EN
JB Management Ltd is a Founder Member of the Elite Ayrshire Business Circle.